Crispy chocolate peanut butter marshmallow brownies! These brownies have a crispy chocolate peanut butter topping that will knock your socks off!
One of my favorite things about food blogging is the food blogging community. I have made some awesome blogging friends, who like to talk about food photography and blog plugins just as much as I do.
One of my very best bloggy buddies is Carla at Chocolate Moosey. And when I mentioned to her that I needed a killer brownie recipe for the upcoming family reunion brownie bake-off for eternal fame and glory, she suggested I try her Peanut Butter Crispy Marshmallow Brownies.
It was a brilliant suggestion. They are amazing.
Which is why I’m sharing them with you today. I made a couple small changes, to make them my own and all, but overall, this brilliant recipe is all Carla.
The family brownie bake-off was a good time, by the way. I still didn’t kick Maren’s butt, but I have high hopes for the next contest, which is all about cookies.
The big winner was actually Grandma. No surprise there, the woman is a fantastic cook and baker, despite her inability to smell the amazing things she makes. Her winning bar was very similar to this one, which is so addictive I literally had to quit making it.
I also attempted a second brownie, this one with a mint cheesecake swirl, but I never could get the thing to bake all the way through for some reason, and it was really too gooey to be enjoyed. #foodbloggerproblems We all have those days, right?
What I love about this brownie is everything. Honestly. That crispy chocolate-peanut-butter topping is to die for.
One suggestion: I have tried them warm and cold, and I recommend eating them cold. The marshmallow is easier to eat, the topping has a nicer texture, and they cut cleanly into pretty little squares. It’s a win-win.
Even if it didn’t win the family reunion bake-off.
Want more? Check out these brownie recipes!
adapted from Chocolate Moosey
- ½ cup butter
- 4 oz. chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 25 large marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup crisp rice cereal
- Chop chocolate, and place in a bowl with butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Let cool slightly, then add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add salt, soda, and flour, and mix well.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 pan, and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, place marshmallows evenly on top (I did a 5x5 grid) and return to oven. Bake an additional 7-8 minutes, until marshmallows are puffy and slightly browned.
- Let brownies cool completely.
- In a small bowl, place chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted. Add crisp rice cereal, and stir well. Pour over cooled brownies. Place in fridge and chill until topping is hardened.
- Cut into 9 large or 16 small squares.