One bowl brownie recipe; This brownie recipe from scratch requires just one bowl. No need for a box mix, make this one bowl brownie recipe from scratch in just a few minutes.
I am in a bad mood today. I went to bed in a bad mood, I woke up in a bad mood, AND it’s raining.
Sometimes I wish that when I’m in a bad mood I would think something other than, “I need chocolate,” but I don’t. I think about chocolate every stinking time.
And, given the mood I’m in, I have no resistance at all to those urges.
I also have no patience for complicated recipes and doing dishes and stuff like that. Give me something I can whip together in 5 minutes in one bowl and satisfy my cravings.
Otherwise, I’m left to raiding the cupboards, searching for leftover Easter candy.
Like an addict.
I should tell you right now that I am not one of those people who never uses box mixes. In fact, the brownies that come in the red box are kind of my favorite thing ever. And let’s face it, cake mixes make the softest, easiest, tastiest cookies.
But there are times when you just want to make them from scratch. Which is what I did today.
I could have left well enough alone, and just put the plain brownies in the oven, but it was a double-chocolate, triple-chocolate, quadruple-chocolate day.
So I softened some Nutella in the microwave, and swirled it into the batter. Frankly, I think it would be equally good with peanut butter or caramel.
These turned out super fudgy and delicious, just the way I like them. They’re not overly chocolatey, but had enough chocolate to quell my cravings for one afternoon.
And then the sun came out, and all was well.
You’re reading one of my Top 10 Most Popular Posts! Check out the others here:
|2. Chocolate Peanut
|3. Peanut Butter
8. BEST Chocolate
|10. Red Velvet
Cake Batter Dip
Recipe adapted slightly from Picky Palate.
- ½ cup butter
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons Nutella (optional)
- Chop chocolate, and place chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is mostly smooth and melted.
- Add vanilla and sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and stir well. (Be sure chocolate mixture is not too hot when adding eggs, or the eggs will cook when they are stirred in.)
- Add flour and oil, and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a foil-lined 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
- OPTIONAL: Melt Nutella for 10-30 seconds in the microwave, and drizzle over brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl into batter.
- Bake brownies at 350F for 30-35 minutes, until edges are dry and pull away from the pan slightly. Let cool before cutting into squares.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy: