My post-Christmas box of candy is overflowing. So why am I making a dip out of cookies?
Who knows. I’m just that sugar addicted, I guess.
The truth is, I like sweet dips, like this cake batter dip, and this cookie dough dip, and laaaawwd have mercy this brown butter dip. Mmmmm. I don’t even need an excuse to make them. I’ll make them on a Wednesday afternoon for no reason whatsoever.
Which is what I did this week.
Of course, the tricky part about making a cookies and cream dip is keeping the cookies secret from the cookie-pilfering family members. I find if I keep them inside a grocery bag in an unusual spot in the kitchen, they are less likely to disappear before I can make dip out of them.
All moms use these tricks, right?
I’m a big fan of bribery too. I bribed The Lizard with this dip to convince him to help me put my photography set up away.
Worked like a charm.
Just like this dip worked to calm my Wednesday afternoon sugar cravings.
Cookies & Cream Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 small package instant vanilla or cookies & cream pudding mix (3.5 ounce)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip until smooth.
- Add pudding mix, cream, and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in cookie crumbs. Serve either chilled or at room temperature, with apples, crackers, or cookies.