This miniature cheesecake recipe makes delicious cookies. Try this cheesecake cookies recipe when you are craving something creamy!
True story: I was in the mood for cheesecake. Who can say why? Maybe I saw one of those old ads with the angels eating cream cheese in heaven.
Or maybe it was because I was remembering that time I made Chocolate Cheesecake.
At any rate, I just wanted a little something cheesecake-like. Something creamy with graham crackers and berries on top. Just a little something.
It’s a rare day when the thing I’m craving isn’t chocolate or caffeine, so I figured a little indulgence was in order, and I whipped up some cheesecake cookies.
Don’t you love how I say I “whipped them up” like I’m some sort of cookie-baking savant? Truth is, my first attempt at this cookie was a disaster. A very tasty disaster, but a disaster nonetheless.
Since I don’t want you to have the inconvenience of having to eat your mistakes (not that I minded, ahem.), I’m including some before, during, and after shots, so you totally know what to expect.
First thing to expect: crumbly graham cracker dough. If it’s too crumbly to bake, you might have to eat the dough
before the kids get home from school and while you are still wearing yoga pants. Darn it.
Second thing to expect: It was a touch on the tricky side getting these little graham cracker cookie bowls shaped right. I used my 8/18 cookie scoop to form the cookie, and the backside to form the hole in the middle. Then I used my fingers to pinch the edges even more, making straight sides.
Or something close to straight sides. It’s not exactly precision work.
Third thing to expect: I had more graham cracker dough left after my cheesecake filling was all used up, so darn it, I just had to bake a few little non-filled cookies. No one complained.
And last, expect that this recipe makes far too few cookies. Only about 18, if you’re careful. So expect to find yourself wishing you had doubled the batch!
Want more? Try these cream cheese recipes!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup flour
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh berries, diced and sprinkled with sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, and egg white. Add baking powder, flour, and graham cracker crumbs and mix well. Mixture will be crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla, beating with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Place a scoop (about 2 tablespoons) of graham cracker dough on a baking sheet. Use the back side of the cookie scoop or spoon (or fingers) to form dough into a bowl shape, pinching sides to make them straight and well packed.
- Fill cookie "bowls" with cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes. Let sit on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Top with fresh diced berries, if desired.