This gingerbread cupcake recipe is perfect for the holidays. Your family will love these gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
I will take any excuse to make gingerbread baked goods.
Like, it’s December. Or it’s cold outside. Or it’s Tuesday.
I just love that combination of spices and molasses and cake. Cake frosted with a combination of spices and cream cheese and sugar.
Whoever came up with gingerbread in the first place was a genius. Genius, I tell you.
You know what else was genius? Spending this holiday party with my friends.
You remember my friends, right? We’ve been celebrating holidays together for a while now. Perhaps you remember last year’s Christmas party?
We had so much fun at all our previous parties, we decided to do it again this Christmas. We’ve all come up with some fun new holiday recipes, just for you. See what I mean?
1. Chocolate Peppermint Bark from Cravings of a Lunatic
2. Buche de Noel from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. Cranberry Moscow Mule from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
4. Chocolate Gingerbread Crumb Cake from Hungry Couple
5. Gingerbread Cupcakes with Chai Spiced Frosting from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
6. Apres Ski Boozy Tea from Pineapple and Coconut
7. Raspberry Almond Torte from Magnolia Days
8. Fruit and Nut Bars from What Smells So Good
I’m adding this Gingerbread Cupcake Recipe to my collection of reasons why I love Gingerbread!!
Want more? Try these gingerbread recipes!
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- FOR CUPCAKES: Cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg and molasses and mix well.
- Add spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix well.
- Add milk and flour alternately, mixing just until combined.
- Fill lined muffin cups about halfway, and bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- FOR FROSTING: Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add spices and mix to incorporate. Add powdered sugar, and mix until combined, thick and smooth. (You can add more or less powdered sugar to reach the consistency you want.)
- Use a piping bag to pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.