This sweet popcorn recipe includes toasted coconut. Very easy and quick to make sweet popcorn recipe.
The whole family was together recently for a funeral. After the funeral, we played games and shared memories.
My brother provided the root beer floats for the game night, and I brought a giant bowl of popcorn.
Maybe you’ve heard me tell you before how often we eat popcorn, and how picky we are about how the popcorn is prepared. I should seriously start a second blog just for popcorn recipes.
And, maybe you’ve heard me tell you before about how much we love coconut in this family.
It’s only natural that I should put coconut and popcorn together. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t done it before now.
For this recipe, I started with my favorite Sweet Popcorn Glaze, and added coconut in the form of coconut extract and toasted coconut.
Because toasted coconut is one of the culinary wonders of the world. How coconut can taste so great right out of the bag, and still taste infinitely better toasted is a scientific mystery.
We may never have the technology to answer this question.
I used plain air popped popcorn for this. If you are using the microwave variety, be sure you get the plain, unbuttered stuff, so that the *cough*gross*cough* powdered butter flavoring doesn’t mess with the wonders of toasted coconut.
You’ll be adding real butter anyway, and that way you can tell people you are eating healthy whole foods.
It will sort of be true!
Want more? Here are some more popcorn ideas!
|Oreo Popcorn||Marshmallow Popcorn||Caramel Corn Mix|
- about 10 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add sugar, and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil, and let boil 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add coconut extract.
- Place coconut on a baking sheet, and bake at 400F for 5-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir, and bake another 2-3 minutes.
- Place popcorn and coconut in a large bowl. Pour butter mixture over the top, and stir to coat.