This eggnog cookies recipe uses pumpkin! This eggnog iced pumpkin cookies recipe will be your new holiday favorite.
Welcome to the second annual Cookie Week, hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Susan of The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen! We’ve teamed together with 10 other talented bloggers to bring you 5 fantastic days of cookie recipes to get you into the holiday spirits. Thanks to Imperial Sugar, Circulon, Peanut Butter & Co. and Page Street Publishing for being a part of Cookie Week!
Last year, I tried my hand at Eggnog Cookies. And I was super impressed with myself. (“Oh Lord, it’s hard to be humble!”)
This year, I wanted to punch those up and take them to a new level. And therefore, I added pumpkin.
I was worried if I replaced some of the eggnog with pumpkin, that there wouldn’t be enough of either flavor to shine through, but it turns out I had nothing to worry about. I could taste both the flavors, and love, love, love them together.
They are perfect for that tiny window of time between pumpkin season and eggnog season. They’re also perfect when you want eggnog season to start early, or you want pumpkin season to linger.
Supplies I used for this recipe:
Kitchen Aid Mixer, a definite must.
Half Sheet Panfor baking
Cookie Scoop (size 60), you almost can’t do this recipe without one.
Cooling Rack2-quart batter bowl (mention my name and ask for 10% off!)
Airtight plastic container
You guys, having friends is awesome, and having blog friends is one of the great joys of my life.
So I really must tell you what my friends have done. Because they have some pretty amazing cookies too! Check this out:
- Skillet Cookie by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pumpkin Cookie Cups with Biscoff Buttercream by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate-Cherry Chews by Crumb
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Cooking in Stilettos
- Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark and Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies by Hungry Couple
- Dulce de Leche Filled Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Muffin Top Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Other blogs participating later this week include:
Want more? Try these eggnog treats!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup prepared eggnog*
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- ⅓ cup eggnog
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- Whip butter. Add sugar and brown sugar and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add pumpkin, eggnog, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Add flour and mix just until combined. Dough should be soft and sticky.
- Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or lined baking sheet, and bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes.
- For glaze, mix all ingredients together. Frost cooled cookies. Let sit a few minutes to let glaze harden.