Apple cheesecake bars recipe; An almond and cold cereal crust makes this apple cheesecake bars recipe truly unique.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Post Pebbles, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PostWalgreens http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.
It’s been a rough week around here. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, in this little family has been sick.
Fortunately for us, Robb got sick before the rest of us, and is now able to take care of us without worry of catching this horrible flu. This stupid thing knocked me flat on my back for an entire week so far. It will probably be more than that when it’s all said and done.
Honestly, it’s kind of nice to have this blog to voice my thoughts, because I’m certainly not voicing anything out loud today.
You know what you do when everyone is sick? You buy paper plates. And plastic spoons. And lots and lots of cold cereal.
I told my kids they have no imagination when it comes to cold cereal. All they do, day in and day out, is pour it in a bowl and cover it with milk. It’s a tragedy, when you think about it, because there is so much more that can be done with it!
To prove my point, I turned my box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds into a crust for these cheesecake bars.
Well, I didn’t use the whole box for the crust. The rest of it will probably be poured into bowls and covered with milk.
By the way, if you hurry, you can grab your own box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds (or another Post cereal you like) for just $1.99 at Walgreens. Pretty good deal, I think.
Nothing against apples or cheesecake, but I love this crust. It’s my favorite part. It’s nutty and sweet, and you would probably never suspect it uses cold cereal as its main ingredient.
Plus, it gives us a fun little treat to snack on between the coughing fits!
More cheesecake bars you might enjoy:
Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 1½ cups Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup apple pie filling
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- FOR CRUST: In a food processor or high speed blender, process cereal and almonds together, just until lightly crushed.
- Combine cereal mixture with melted butter, sugar, and flour.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Bake at 350F for 20-22 min.
- FOR CHEESECAKE: While crust is baking, whip cream cheese and sugar until well combined and soft. Add egg and mix well.
- Add pie filling and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour over crust, return to oven and bake about 30 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy:
Caramel Apple Bars from Inside BruCrew Life
Sour Cream Apple Bars from Your Home Based Mom
No Bake Caramel Swirl Apple Butter Cheesecake from Chocolate Moosey
apple cheesecake bars recipe