This delicious Mango Salsa recipe includes one of my favorite ingredients: avocado.
At this house we are trying desperately to hold on to those last few weeks of summer as long as we can. How do we do that, you might ask? Mostly with family reunions, and afternoons with friends, and late night movies. But also… with fruit.
Most fruits are summery, and eating them feels summery or beachy.
I really wish I could avoid getting ready for the school year, but I’ve learned from past experience that procrastination in this area brings nothing but sadness. Sadness and empty store shelves. This year, I made myself a check list.
- Register kids for classes… check.
- Pay for school registration… next week.
- Purchase school clothes… check.
- Purchase school shoes… next week.
- Stock up on paper, pencils, binders, and other supplies… check.
- Help kids organize backpacks and binders… next week.
The list goes on, but it’s pretty much all like that. I’ve done some of it, and I’m putting off the parts that are, well… off-putting. Like paying for SIZE TWELVE shoes that probably will not last 9 months.
Calgon, take me away!
I’m counting on this summer salsa to transport me back to a time when I didn’t have to think about school, and scheduling, and chores. There was just sun and afternoon naps.
I absolutely love this combination of mango and avocado. The jalapeno gives it a little bite, and the lime juice sweetens everything just a touch. It’s the perfect summer snack!
- 2 mangoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices red onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 lime
- Dice mangoes, avocados, jalapeno, and onion.
- Finely chop cilantro leaves and discard stems.
- Combine everything in a bowl. Squeeze lime juice over salsa. Add salt to taste.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy:
Chunky Guacamole from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Pineapple Avocado Salsa from Life’s Ambrosia
Grilled Corn Salsa from Spoon Fork Bacon
This post linked up at: Gooseberry Patch;