This dark chocolate bark recipe includes white chocolate, too. It’s sure to be one of your favorite chocolate bark recipes!
I was doing so good today. Drinking my smoothie for breakfast, eating my veggies for lunch.
And suddenly, I was craving chocolate. CRAVING. The kind of craving that takes over your life and commandeers all your thoughts.
I went in a frantic search through my pantry for chocolate, and found a couple items in the chocolate chip box. Items like this chocolate bar and this white chocolate bar. And a half a bag of white chocolate chips. And a bag and a half of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
And since I had to run to the store for something else anyway, I grabbed a package of Oreos to complete my black and white theme.
I love how quick and easy it is to make chocolate bark. I mean, melt, spread, chill, cut. Easy as pie.
And where did that saying come from anyway? This is WAAAAAAY easier than pie. No contest.
The best part of this process has got to be making all the pretty little swirls. I love that part. Mostly because I am no good at making anything pretty, but this stuff is eeeeeeeasy.
I almost said easy as pie again. But forget that. This is easy like Sunday morning.
Come to think of it, my Sunday mornings are not exactly a breeze either. I need some new sayings.
It’s like falling off a log. Like taking candy from a baby. You get the picture.
20 minutes from now, your chocolate cravings could be totally satisfied!
Want more? Try these easy barks!
- 4 oz. good quality chocolate
- 4 oz. good quality white chocolate
- 4-5 Oreo cookies, cut into quarters
- a small handful each of chocolate chips and white chocolate chips
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe dish. Melt in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Break white chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe dish. Melt in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of melted white chocolate in dollops onto spread chocolate. Use a toothpick (or I used a skewer) to swirl the chocolate and white chocolate together into pretty patterns.
- Place Oreo pieces evenly on the swirled chocolate, and sprinkles any crumbs on top. Sprinkle chocolate chips and white chocolate chips on top.
- Chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes, until set. Use a large knife to cut into pieces. Store in fridge or freezer.