Caramel cookies taste so rich and delicious! These caramel cookies are easy, perfect, and tasty!
Robb was driving my car today, and had the audacity to tell me my mirrors were in the wrong place.
I told him his head was in the wrong place.
Then he told me he still loved being married to me, even though I couldn’t properly adjust my mirrors. And I retaliated by putting the whole story on Facebook. He saw me do it, and said, “NO!”
So I win.
I justified myself by telling him that this is probably a conversation that lots of couple have had, and that people would relate to it.
We had a similar conversation about these cookies.
I gave him a taste of the dough, and he said he didn’t like it.
I literally could not understand him. What’s not to like?
I told him he would like the cookies better than the dough. And he did. But not that much better. “I don’t like dulce de leche,” he explained. “It’s caramel,” I retorted. “You like caramel.”
See what I mean? He’s clearly wrong, and clearly there are a lot of people on my side about this.
In Robb’s defense, these taste different plain than they do sandwiched with dulce de leche. If I had it to do over, I probably would not sandwich them, I would just leave them plain.
If you really love that strong, rich, caramel, dulce de leche flavor, by all means, sandwich them.
But, if Robb moves my mirrors, I’m going to keep his Dulce de Leche cookies for myself.
That’ll show him.
Want more? Try these caramel treats!
|Brown Sugar Cake &
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 can dulce de leche
- ½ cup sugar + additional for rolling
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- Cream butter until light and smooth. Add ⅓ cup of the dulce de leche and mix well.
- Add sugars and mix well. Add egg and mix well.
- Add salt, soda, and flour, and mix just until combined.
- Drop small spoonfuls into a dish with sugar, and roll to coat. Place rolled dough balls on a baking sheet, and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Let sit on the pan 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Use remaining dulce de leche to spread on cookies, and sandwich them together.