September might be my favorite month. I love when summer lingers, reluctant to transform into fall.
And, I’m not going to lie, I do enjoy the routine and the hopefulness that comes with the beginning of the school year.
I’ll tell you the truth, I spent at least half this month feeling very behind, and making recipes the day before I posted them. I’m kind of glad the month is drawing to an end, so I can finally catch my breath!
My favorite post of the month, as weird as this is to say, is the Chocolate Cheesecake. It’s a more complicated recipe than I normally make, it took quite a while, and to be completely honest, I didn’t love the photos that much. It was a frustrating day, to be sure.
But, as time wore on, I found it more fun to remember and look at. And it had some success on Pinterest, which didn’t hurt my opinion of the cake at all.
Here is a list of everything I worked on in September, in case you missed anything.
Other highlights from this month:
- The Apple Hand Pies I made for My Cooking Spot this month.
- I made a brand new Thanksgiving FAVORTIES board on Pinterest, and found TONS of great stuff to pin to it.
- Do you use StumbleUpon? I’ve been stumbling some great stuff too.
I found some amazing recipes from other talented blogger this month too.
- I cannot stop dreaming of these cookie bars!
- I found what might be the perfect birthday cake
- These bars literally have all my favorite things in them. Literally.
Coming up in October:
- I use copious amounts of pumpkin. And probably copious amounts of chocolate, too.
- I celebrate Halloween with my friends. They are great at coming up with fun holiday foods!
- I finally make the birthday cookies for Miss K, 4 months past her birthday. Pretty sure this makes me the worst aunt ever.
Chime in! How was September for you? What plans do you have for October baking? Leave your answers in the comments below.