These chocolate covered cheesecake bites are a fun and tasty treat! Take this cheesecake bites recipe to the next level by dipping it in chocolate.
I always have mixed feelings about the end of the school year. I love the routine of the school year, but the end of the year always feels like we are stumbling toward the finish line, gasping for air.
The Hippie Chick, with one week of school left, came home with about 5 days worth of math homework that she had apparently been saving up for a special occasion. We had to cancel our family tv-watching night because at bedtime she was only about 2 pages into a 20 page math marathon.
And this girl hates math. Which probably explains why she had been procrastinating so much.
Explaining math to her literally puts the whole family on edge. Robb and I have to tag team the job, to avoid going postal on the family. Not even the dog escaped punishment.
It was lucky for her I made a batch of chocolate dipped cheesecake squares to nibble on through the evening. They kept us both sane.
They don’t bother her new braces either, so double bonus.
It’s kind of fun to keep these little snacks in the fridge. When the family comes home, fruitlessly searches the kitchen, and inevitably opens the fridge, they give you some oohs-and-aahs when they see bite-sized chocolate candies.
Then they eat a couple, walk away, walk back, eat a couple more, and before you know it, your hard work has disappeared into someone’s stomach.
But the ups outweigh the downs. Unlike math homework.
Now I’m kind of looking forward to the end of the school year.
Want more? Look at these cheesecake treats!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- about 1 pound chocolate
- Melt butter, combine with graham cracker crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9x9 pan.
- Combine cream cheese with sugar, egg, flour, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Carefully pour on top of graham cracker crust, and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, until edges are brown. Let cool completely. (After cooling, I recommend freezing cheesecake for 30-60 minutes to make dipping easier.)
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, in 30 second intervals, stirring between each.
- Cut cheesecake into small squares, about 1.5 to 2 inches. Carefully dip cheesecake squares into melted chocolate, removing any excess. Place on a sheet pan lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Chill for about 15 minutes to set.
- Store in refrigerator, but these are best served at room temperature.