It’s March 25, and it’s chocolate peanut butter day! Today’s event is hosted by Carla of ChocolateMoosey and Miriam of OvertimeCook, and involves more than 30 fantastic bloggers! I have not been compensated for this post or giveaway.
I recently polled my Facebook fans, and asked them about this issue that is very important in our day:
Do you prefer a chocolate cookie with a little bit of peanut butter? Or a peanut butter cookie with a little bit of chocolate?
#firstworldproblems, you know.
Most of my fans chose a peanut butter cookie with a little bit of chocolate, which was fortunate, because I had already made this amazing peanut butter cookie and stuffed it with a little chocolate filling.
I showed Robb my photos of this creation, and his reply was, “Did I get one of those?” Pretty sure I made these while he was out of town. There was no hope for him. They were gone within hours.
Don’t feel bad for him, though. He ate at at least a dozen fantastic restaurants without me while he was out of town.
Since chocolate and peanut butter are such an amazing and well-loved flavor combination, and today is Chocolate Peanut Butter Day, some friends and I got together to share our absolute favorite peanut butter chocolate treats with you!
These are some talented bloggers, my friends. I just know you are going to love everything on this list!
We’re also giving away some great prizes this week! I mean, it wouldn’t be a real celebration without an awesome prize package, right?
A huge thanks to our sponsors, OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter and Co. for providing the prizes. Be sure to follow them on social media!
There are three prizes you can win:
Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop.
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract.
Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook.
Check out all 31 amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Day treats here!
You can also follow the fun on social media by searching for #chocPBday
or by following our Chocolate Peanut Butter Board on Pinterest.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
More chocolate peanut butter treats you’ll love!
Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from Cookie Madness
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Cream butter, sugars, and peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add soda and salt and mix well. Add flour and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, cocoa, and powdered sugar, stirring until smooth, to create the filling.
- For each cookie, place a scoop of dough in your hand and flatten it a bit. Drop a small amount of chocolate filling in the center, and wrap the edges of the dough up around it. Use a second flattened scoop as a top, seal all the edges (sealing the chocolate inside) and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll the dough in sugar and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-14 min. Let sit on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.