Rice krispie squares recipe; These krispie treats are filled with caramel and coconut, and taste like a Samoas girl scout cookie.
Don’t you love when the timing is just perfect?
For example: Robb and I have been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. Because it is an awesomely well-written show. And even though I am starting to kind of hate Walt, it’s not going to keep me from seeing how his story ends.
There are 5 seasons of this show. When we watched the final season, there were only 6 episodes on Netflix. Robb assumed this was because there were only 6 episodes period. But I thought, there have to be more.
I thought it even more after we watched that 6th episode. I was so annoyed that it didn’t wrap anything up, and ended with a cliffhanger. “This cannot be the end!” I screamed. “It doesn’t make any sense!” Robb just shrugged his shoulders at me.
But… literally the following morning the rest of that season showed up on Netflix. Talk about kismet.
Now I’ll be staying up late every night to finish up the season. I’m kind of obsessive that way.
Good thing I have these Samoas treats to keep me company. Who am I kidding? These didn’t last 6 hours in my house.
The timing was perfect, though. I kept seeing all these Samoas treats in my social media feeds… and they were making me drool. It’s nearly girl scout cookie season, so I assume that’s why I was seeing them everywhere. But, I had been dreaming of a new coconut-filled treat, and the Samoas idea just came together for me.
I don’t want to brag, but this might be one of the most brilliant concoctions I have ever dreamed up. I wish I had thought about this when we had the big krispie-treat-contest at the family reunion 2 years ago. I totally would have blown them away.
I know it’s a little hard to tell from the photos, so let me describe this to you. The bottom layer is chocolate, followed by a layer of krispie treats with coconut in them, followed by a caramel and coconut center, then another layer of krispie treats, and a drizzle of chocolate on top.
Those girl scouts know what they’re doing.
More Rice Krispie Treats you’ll love!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup cream
- Melt butter in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir. Bring to a boil, and boil 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- 4 T. butter
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup + 2 cups coconut
- 1 batch caramel sauce
- 1 bag chocolate chips (10-12 oz.)
- Melt butter in a saucepan on the stove. Add marshmallows and cook and stir until completely melted. Pour marshmallow mixture into a bowl with cereal and 1 cup coconut. Set aside.
- Mix 2 cups coconut with caramel sauce. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each.
- Pour about ¾ of the chocolate into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Press half the krispie treat mixture over the chocolate. Pour caramel coconut mixture evenly over the top. Press remaining krispie treat mixture on the top. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the top.
- Place pan in the refrigerator and chill for 30-60 minutes, until set. (You may want to keep them in the fridge.) Cut into 12 large or 20 small bars.