Coconut cookies recipe; This chocolate chip cookie has a ripple of coconut fudge. You’ll love this coconut cookies recipe!
You just never know where tomorrow will take you.
Not that there have been any life-altering changes happening around here, but even small changes force you to grow or run.
And some days, I sure want to run.
And thus, I have returned to my coconut loving roots. Because when you’re just the tiniest bit uncomfortable with the latest situation life threw at you, it helps to have something constant to comfort you. Something you recognize. Something that’s exactly what you expect.
The comforting thing I always return to is dessert. It’s a dessert blog, after all.
I had to start with chocolate chip cookies, because they’re more predictable than my daughter leaving her dirty socks on the floor. Which she does Every. Single. Time. I’ve even started charging her every time I have to look at her dirty socks.
Then I added coconut, because it’s just about the only thing this family loves more than popcorn. We love coconut. It’s sort of a family tradition.
I’ve been promising them Coconut Cream Pie, and they’re going to revolt if I don’t deliver on that promise soon.
And did I mention that I made the coconut into fudge? Because… fudge. Fudge will make you forget your little discomforts, especially when it’s coconut fudge mixed with a chocolate chip cookie.
Truth is, I made these bars for the family football game get together this year. I made a couple other things too, which had mixed reviews, but these bars were unanimously loved, and very quickly devoured.
I think I will keep some coconut on hand, to make another pan next time I need comforting.
More coconut cookies you’ll love!
|Coconut Crispies||Coconut Scones||Coconut Lime Cake|
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk (about half a can)
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add salt and soda, and mix well. Add flour, and mix just until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Set dough aside.
- In a double boiler (or a heat safe bowl over a pot of boiling water) combine milk and white chocolate. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in coconut extract and coconut.
- Press about ⅔ of the cookie dough into the bottom of a 9x13 pan, or quarter sheet pan. Pour coconut fudge evenly over the top. Drop remaining dough in small pieces over the fudge layer.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes, until top is brown and cookies are baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into 12-18 bars.