Peppermint chocolate candy brownies recipe; These brownies use peppermint bark candy to take them to the next level! You love this peppermint chocolate candy brownies recipe!
I like flavors being seasonal, for the most party. I like to save lemons for spring and summer, pumpkin for fall, and gingerbread for winter. But… there is an exception, and that is peppermint.
Why should peppermint be just for winter? Why is Peppermint Bark only sold in December? It’s a tragedy, if you ask me. You can get peppermint gum anytime, why not peppermint baked goods?
I stocked up on the peppermint bark when I found it at the store during the after-Christmas clearance sale. Maybe some people are tired of it by January, but not me. Not even close.
Peppermint and I have some things in common, namely, that we are both close personal friends with chocolate. Very close. In fact, I think it’s fair to say, we both love chocolate. And we’re both tired of cherries and strawberries monopolizing the Valentines Day dessert scene. It’s time peppermint had it’s day.
I tweaked my basic One-Bowl Brownie recipe just a little, to keep these from being too gooey.
I broke up my peppermint bark (I used Ghirardelli brand) into little pieces, and sprinkled them strategically over the brownies just before they were done baking. A few minutes in the oven gives the bark just enough time to melt and incorporate with the brownies.
And, as long as we are having fun with Valentines Day, let me share this amazing giveaway!!
1. Raspberry Coconut Cheesecake Quinoa Bites with Dark Chocolate Glaze from Food Faith Fitness
2. Strawberry Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts from Girl vs. Dough
3. Pink Vanilla Cupcakes from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
4. Valentine’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars from Cooking for Keeps
5. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Tarts from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
6. Cream Cheese Funfetti Cookies from The Messy Baker
7. Cinnamon French Toast Lattes from A Kitchen Addiction
8. Dreamy Chocolate Cupcakes from Baker by Nature
9. Dark Chocolate Pancakes from Eat. Drink. Love.
10. Red Wine Creme Brulee from Diethood
11. Big Dipper Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!
12. Peppermint Bark Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
13. Berry Cheesecake Bars (skinny, no-bake) from Roxana’s Easy Home Baking
More peppermint recipes you’ll love!
|Chocolate Peppermint Fudge||Chocolate Peppermint Bark||Peppermint Cream Cheese Thumbprints|
- ½ cup butter
- 4 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3.5 oz. peppermint bark
- Chop chocolate, and place chocolate with butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is mostly melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add eggs, and stir well. (If mixture is still very hot, let it cool a bit before adding eggs.)
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roughly chop peppermint bark and set aside.
- Pour batter into a 9x9 pan, and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with peppermint bark pieces quickly, and return to oven. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until edges are dry and pull away from the pan slightly.
- Let cool before cutting.