Peppermint Chocolate Cookies; These cute thumbprints are peppermint cookies with chocolate filling.
It’s day two of cookie week, and so far, my kids are thrilled that there are so many cookies in the house.
I’m thrilled to be able to finally freeze a few for the upcoming holiday season. Having frozen cookies is one of my favorite things.
You know what else I love? Listening to my kids make music. Even when it’s terrible, I still love it. The Lizard just loves learning chords and playing songs he’s heard on the radio. He has practiced this kind of playing a lot and is getting pretty decent at it. The other kids are nowhere as skilled (or as practiced) as he is, so when they want to re-create popular radio songs, they ask him to play while they sing.
As I’m writing this, The Hippie Chick is singing “Stay the Night” by Zed, while The Lizard works feverishly to figure out chords for her. Both of them sound quite good… separately. But the Hippie Chick’s super soft voice and the Lizard’s super loud playing make it tough for them to hear one another, and consequently they are not quite together.
As the only piano teacher they have ever known, I have faith that someday this will be a total work of art. And even if it’s not, I still love it.
I love peppermint too. I’ve wanted to make these cute peppermint cookies for some time now. Do you remember when I told you how much I luuuuuurvve peppermint ice cream with hot fudge? Mmmmm.
I bet these would be fantastic with a cup of dark chocolate cocoa, too. I love the peppermint hot chocolate at Starbucks, by the way, speaking of peppermint and chocolate and things I love.
Thanks for dropping by cookie week today. Be sure to come back for more fantastic cookie recipes all week! And if you haven’t entered the giveaway yet, please do!
Then curl up with some of your favorite things and favorite people and have some peppermint thumbprints.
More great #cookieweek cookies!
Coconut Macaroons by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Love and Confections
Loaded Oatmeal Coconut Cookies by The Cooking Actress
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies by Beyond Frosting
Stuffed Chocolate Chip Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Cookies by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Sugar Cookie Bars with Vanilla Bean Buttercream by i heart eating
Toffee Almond Snowball Cookies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
More wonderful peppermint treats!
|Peppermint Bark||Choc Mint Fudge||Mint Popcorn Bark|
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 4-5 drops red food coloring
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 3 T. whipping cream
- 1 T. butter
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Add egg, extract, and food coloring and mix well.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour and mix until combined.
- Shape dough into small balls and place on baking sheet. Tap the end of a wooden spoon handle into the center of the dough balls several times to create a deep well.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate with cream and butter, stirring until fully melted and smooth. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into the center of each cookie. Let chocolate set (2-3 hours) before storing in an airtight container between layers of wax paper.