Truffles recipe; This lemon cookie truffles recipe is simple to make with leftover lemon cookies.
I’m a big fan of treats that don’t require much time or baking.
I also like when a new recipe helps me clean up the flubs from an old one. Not too long ago, I made these yummy Lemon Sugar Cookies. But what I didn’t tell you was that the recipe I posted was my second try. My first try was not that impressive. Nothing to blog home about, if you know what I mean.
But I kept the leavings of my not-that-lemoney and not-that-soft first batch of lemon cookies, just in case I could put the crumbs to good use.
Carla suggested I make truffles. Good idea, Carla. I think I will.
Most of the cookie truffle recipes I’ve seen call for cream cheese. I decided to rebel, to stick it to the man, and use frosting instead. Yep, I’m a rebel. I’ll be going out for a tattoo any minute now.
The really great thing about using frosting is that you can buy this lemon frosting which kicks up the lemon flavor a notch or two. The cookies by themselves were just not enough.
And normally I’m a make-your-own-frosting kind of girl, but for an quick and easy treat like this, I couldn’t resist the urge to let someone else make the frosting.
I feel that way about dinner all the time. Let someone else make it. I’ll pay you to do it.
Because if I do it, dinner will be just like these truffles… quick, easy, and with no cooking required.
|Lemon Ricotta Cookies||No Bake PB Bars||PB Pretzel Bites|
- lemon cookies
- 1 T. water
- 1 can lemon frosting
- 6-8 oz. almond bark
- Place cookies in food processor and pulse to make crumbs.
- In food processor, mix 2 cups crumbs with 1 T. water, and about half the can of lemon frosting. Keep adding spoonfuls of frosting until the mixture reaches a sticky consistency. (I used about ¾ of the can.)
- Roll dough into balls, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Freeze for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, chop almond bark into pieces and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted.
- Dip frozen truffles in melted chocolate, and return to baking sheet to cool. Chill for 10-15 minutes before serving.