This trifle recipe uses strawberries and blueberries; Simple berry trifle for the 4th of July or any summer event. It’s a beautiful red, white & blue berry trifle recipe!
Trifle has been an acquired taste for me. The first trifle I had literally made me gag, because soggy cake is really really gross.
I refused to eat my Mother-in-Law’s Christmas trifle for several years because of it.
The real traditional-type trifle is supposed to be soggy. It’s supposed to sit and chill for hours and let the flavors mesh, which I frankly think is code for letting the cake get soggy and disgusting.
The way to truly enjoy trifle, if you ask me, is to eat it fresh. Put it all together just before serving, and that way there is no soggy texture or goopy desserts to politely force yourself to eat. It also helps to put it in individual serving dishes.
Of course, the very, VERY best way to enjoy trifle is to enjoy it with friends. With friends, on a holiday.
This is why I have gathered my friends (again!) for this amazing 4th of July party where we will be serving all kinds of yummy summery foods. And Canadian friends, you’re invited too.
You’re definitely going to want to check out what’s going on with all these amazing bloggers. They’ve made some really delicious stuff, just for you.
I might be biased. They are my very best online friends, after all.
1. Berry Cheesecake Crumb Tart from Hungry Couple NYC
2. California Burgers from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
3. 4th of July Ice Cream Cones from Roxana’s Home Baking
4. Red, White & Blueberry Parfaits from Cravings of a Lunatic
5. Red, White & Blue Deviled Eggs from Created by Diane
6. Summer Berry Pizza from Magnolia Days
7. Sparkling Pineapple Cake Martini from The Messy Baker
8. Red, White & Bleu Mac ‘N Cheese from Juanita’s Cocina
9. Red, White & Blue Vanilla Bean Spritzers from Pineapple and Coconut
10. Red, White & Blue S’mores Pies from Big Bears Wife
11. Lemon Raspberry Sugarless Cookies from What Smells so Good
12. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Squares from Chocolate Moosey
13. Berry Trifle from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
14. Watermelon Mojito Ice Pops from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
|Strawberry Pudding||Blackberry Cobbler||Choc Cherry Trifle|