Recipe for pistachio cookies with caramel centers; These pudding cookies are soft, green, and easy to make.
I have this friend, we’ve known each other since Nixon was in office.
Well, maybe not Nixon, but you get the idea.
Anyway, I love her dearly, but she has terrible taste in ice cream. Sometimes we go to this local ice cream place together. It’s the kind of place where the small sundae is enough to feed two people, and the ice cream and toppings are dripping out over the sides of the glass. The food there is nothing to write home about, but the ice cream is memorable.
I always get peppermint ice cream with hot fudge, because it’s the obvious best tasting choice. I can’t think of one thing I like better than hot fudge, unless it’s hot fudge with peppermint ice cream. It’s the stuff dreams are made of.
But my friend always gets pistachio ice cream with caramel sauce.
Actually, now that I think about it, it does sound pretty good. Just nowhere near as good as peppermint and hot fudge.
Even though she is wrong about this important topic, she is one of my oldest and loyal-est friends, so these cookies are totally for her.
In addition to loving my old friends, I’m loving my new friends too. One super cool thing about being a rich and famous food blogger is meeting people from all over the country.
Today, I joined up with some of my best bloggy friends to bring you this super-duper awesome collection of St. Patrick’s Day recipes. It’s radical, as we used to say when Nixon was in office.
I hope you’ll take a minute to look through all these fun recipes, and send some love to the bloggers who made them!
1. Key Lime Pound Cake by Joan at Chocolate Chocolate & More
2. Mini Banoffee Pie Tarts by Kelly at Kelly Bakes
3. Chocolate Bailey’s Mousse Tart from Nancy at Gotta Get Baked
4. Irish Carbomb Cupcakes from Susan at Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
5. Pistachio Caramel Cookies from Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies
6. Guinness Stout Mini Bundt Cake from Shanna at Pineapple and Coconut
7. Irish Cheese and Bacon Cheesecake with Walnut Crust by Carla at Chocolate Moosey
8. Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Trifle from Anita at Hungry Couple NYC
9. Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from Renee at Magnolia Days
10. Pistachio Mousse Cups from Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
11. Irish Eggs Benedict from Isabelle Crumb Blog
12. St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Stack from Angie at Big Bears Wife
13. Guinness Chocolate Cake from Jen at Juanita’s Cocina
14. Irish Potato Oatmeal Bread from Sarah at What Smells So Good
- 1 pkg. sugar cookie mix
- 1 box (4 serving size) pistachio flavored instant pudding mix
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- about 25 caramels
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs and butter and mix until combined.
- Fold in pistachios. Form into balls, and place on baking sheet.
- Unwrap caramels, and cut each in half. Place each piece in the center of a ball of cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.