I mean, some people like to go to the store, compare features, pick their favorite appliance, and purchase it new. But not me.
Our dining set used to belong to my parents. Our bed was a wedding gift. Our dresser used to belong to my parents. Our hide-a-bed couch used to belong to Robb’s parents. Our piano used to belong to my grandparents. Our car was 11 years old when we bought it. Even our television was a gift. I’m not so sure the kids were ours originally.
Strike that. Yes I am. I have fond memories of pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum recovery.
While I’m waiting to get my old oven out and my new oven in, I’m making stovetop cookies. Easy, fast, delicious, no-bake, stovetop cookies. With pumpkin for fall.
My only lament with this cookie is that it’s a touch gooier than I like. I think a no-bake cookie should have a little firmer texture, right out of the fridge. I suppose you could add more oats, or more fillers, things like coconut, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, or pecans. Add enough fillers and you can even call them breakfast.
One disclaimer: You might notice that my no-bake cookies are a slightly different shape than many others you’ve seen. This is because instead of plopping them onto wax paper, I prefer to grease my mini-muffin pan and plop them in there instead. I totally think you should try it.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup quick oats
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add milk, pumpkin, and sugar, and stir to combine. Increase temperature to medium-high, and heat until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add nuts and oats. Stir until oats are completely coated.
- Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper, or into a greased mini-muffin pan. Refrigerate about an hour before serving.
- Store cookies in the fridge.
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy:
No Bake Pumpkin Energy Bites from Foodista
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
No Bake Pumpkin Tarts from Healthful Pursuit