This award is basically a way for bloggers to get to know each other, and a way to introduce readers to some fantastic blogs out there. I definitely recommend that you check out each and every one of the links below, to see some of my favorite blogs to follow. Many of them are food blogs, but not all.
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link back to that person’s blog.
- Select 15 blogs to nominate. Choose blogs you’ve recently discovered or that you follow regularly.
- Let the nominated bloggers know about it with comments on their blog.
- Include this set of rules on your own post.
- Include a list of 7 things about yourself.
- Chocolate Moosey
- The Comfort of Cooking
- Cookin’ Cowgirl
- Get Off Your Butt and Bake
- Cooking Classy
- Annie’s Eats
- One Chatty Chic
- Randee’s Organized Chaos
- Measured By The Heart
- Bab E Blessings
- Backless Shirt
- The Cooking Dish
- Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Simply Sweet Home
A Few Things About Me:
- I know I seem like a food-blogging genius 24/7, but it’s not the only hat I wear. I also teach piano lessons. I’ve been doing it nearly 20 years now. Which makes me like 29 years old. Right?
- I’m not much of a pet person. We have zero pets in our house currently. I’m allergic to cats, which give me a good excuse to dislike them. My daughter absolutely loves dogs and wants a puppy SO BAD!! One of these days, I might have to break down and get her one. Maybe when she’s old enough to train it.
- I’m really into complaining about my family’s picky eating habits, but the truth is that I have a few of my own. I don’t like seafood. Or beets. Or bologna sandwiches. But I’m still the only one in the family who will happily eat roasted brussel sprouts, which is really too bad.
- I’m a terrible housekeeper. It’s everything I can do to keep my home at kind of a minimum standard of cleanliness. I can’t think of very many things that sound worse to me than dishes and vacuuming. Would I rather clean the toilet or get a root canal? Let me think about that…
- I live in the lovely state of Utah. Except for a couple years when we lived in New Mexico, I have always lived in Utah. I love the weather here in the summer, but hate it in the winter. Salt Lake is completely surrounded by beautiful purple mountains, and I think that might be my favorite part. I can’t imagine living anywhere that didn’t have mountains.
- My three children keep growing up and it’s kind of creeping me out. My oldest will be 15 soon, and I’m not nearly old enough to have a kid that old. My two boys are barely more than a year apart in age, but couldn’t be farther apart in personality. My sweet daughter has a mild personality and wishes she had a sister. I’m not really sure I’m up for this whole teenager thing.
- I love me some spicy food. The older I get, the spicier I like it. My favorite thing in the entire world is yellow curry from the nearby Thai restaurant. I order it medium heat level, which is too hot for the Big Guy, but perfect for me. If my lips and throat are burning, I’m happy!
Thanks again to Lisa. It is really fun getting to know other bloggers and checking out other fantastic blogs!