St. Patrick’s Day is my kind of holiday. It’s silly and sort of non-sensical, it requires very little purchasing, and doesn’t involve a day off school or work. Low key, that’s how I like it. In honor of the greenest of holidays, I have put together this little group of my current favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes. Hope you enjoy them!
1. Shamrock Sugar Cookies: My very favorite soft sugar cookie recipe with cream cheese frosting, with the addition of green food coloring for festivity’s sake.
2. Marbled Lime Cheesecake Bars: If you love cheesecake, and I really do, you will love this green lime curd addition. They look so pretty, with a perfect bright green color!
3. Rainbow Cake in a Jar: This simple white cake can easily be dressed up with neon food coloring in rainbow shades, and baked in a canning jar. Add some chocolate gold coins for luck!
4. Oreo Cookies: I frequently make mint frosting for these babies, and tint the frosting green. If you are a chocolate lover, or short on time, this recipe is for you!
5. Peppermint Meltaways: I realize mine are pink, but it was only because my green food coloring had completely dried up, much to my surprise. These cute cookies are small and understated, but still full of minty delicious-ness.