I’ve been having trouble getting any cookies baked lately, but I figured I could fill in with a very simple favorite recipe for sweet popcorn. This glaze is very quick and easy to whip up, and is always a hit for parties and gatherings.
Of course, this time, I didn’t bother coming up with a gathering excuse to make it. I was just in the mood to eat it, so I made some. This probably tells you a lot about my dress size.
- 1 to 1½ cups unpopped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1-2 T water
- Use an air popper or microwave to pop the popcorn. Be sure it is completely plain and unflavored. (I personally prefer the air popper and the Orville Redenbachers brand.)
- On the stove, melt butter.
- Add sugar and water and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour glaze over popcorn, and stir well to coat.
- Allow to cool before eating. (I like to give it 5-10 min in the fridge.)