Classic Chocolate Cookies rolled in powdered sugar. I have searched high and low for this amazing chocolate cookie recipe.
Source: An old cookie cookbook that belongs to my mother-in-law.
This is a fabulous everyday cookie, although in our family, we mostly eat them at Christmas. Either way, I’m certain this recipe will make it into your own “favorite recipes” file!
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 squares (4 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- about 1 cup powdered sugar
- Mix oil, melted chocolate, and sugar. Blend in one egg at a time, then add vanilla and mix well.
- Add salt, baking powder, and flour, and mix just until incorporated. Wrap dough tightly in plastic and chill for several hours or over night.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow to sit 1-2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.